Saturday, February 11, 2006

Books on Hand

Beekeeper's Apprentice, The
by Laurie P. King - 1994
ISBN 0-7838-1932-3(large print)

I'm close to finishing The Beekeeper's Apprentice, by Laurie King. It was reccommended to me by a friend, and has been quite good! It is the 'further adventures' of Sherlock Holmes, after he retires to the countryside. He randomly takes on a 15-year-old girl as a pupil, who will become his assistant and collaborator throughout the book. One very odd thing, is that a little girl who gets kidnapped has the name of 'Jessica Simpson.' I wonder if that is a coincidence? ;o)

Other Links online to Beekeeper's apprentice:



OTHER READING

I'm trying to cozy up again to Lucretius' On the Nature of Things and find out why it so intrigued me as a hardcover-bound volume in my childhood library. I'm not sure yet.. maybe I haven't gotten back to the part I remember yet. I thought it was something about cows and how Nature knows that cows have baby cows, and not grass for offspring ;o) Weird, huh?

Other than that -- I resisted borrowing the Complete Sherlock Holmes from the library in order to push the finish of Beekeeper's up a bit. It is due on Valentine's Day and I want it read before then!

BLOG-HOPPING:

I found this cool list of books other bloggers added onto! I've only read a handful of them. However, it gave me a few to add to my list!

OUR HOUSE:

Well, we brought in two more boxes of books from the storage today. Soon, we will have all seven bookshelves up again. It will be so nice to be all moved in ;o)

1 Comments:

Blogger bibliobibuli said...

arrrgggghhh - i should never have glanced at that book-meme thing!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home