Saturday, February 25, 2006

Saturday - Main Street

I just took out 'Main Street', by Sinclair Lewis from the local library. I was walking to the 'L/M' author section, to look at a different author, and it sort of jumped out at me on the shelf. I remember having to buy it for a class in high school, but the teacher changed the book, so we didn't actually study it. After looking through the first five pages, I decided it was time to read it.

My DH and I went for breakfast at a small restaurant and chatted about Japanese hiragana, to the dismay (I'm sure) of the waitresses. He even wrote it out on a napkin to prove he has been studying. I can only recognize about ten characters, much less write them legibly. We are both supposed to be studying this. He is definitely kicking my a** ;o)

Now we get to sit on the porch and read some. He rented out 'Eats Shoots and Leaves' and two other non-fiction books.

At the thrift store today we scored a copy of 'Dead Man's Dance' by Robert Ferrigno (for him) and a 1956 copy of Cours moyen de Francais (for me), which is stamped 'Property of the Board of Education.' ;o) I love old books, and especially foreign language books!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home