Friday, September 08, 2006

seeking

lore - chipmunk and owl woman <--found this interesting.

It is strange - I started a new small weaving on my board, then I dreamt again of the chilkat weaving, and also of the owl woman work that I saw by Clarissa Hudson. There was a woman there I had seen before - I asked her, but she would not tell me her name. She said I knew it - so she didn't have to tell me. She was a small woman with long black hair - and she was wearing something white.

She had the red owl blanket in her lap - or something that looked like it. Instead of answering my questions she showed me hazy memories of things I've already forgotten again - and told me she was someone I had spoken with before, at the time of the first dream? She would not tell me when. In the dream I knew what she meant - but when I woke up, it dissipated. The memory was like a long forgotten taste - I could not place it, but knew it was something I had experienced long ago.

I wonder who she was, and what she was trying to show me. My grandmother died when I was four. She had long black hair, but that was before I knew her. Her hair was white as snow when I knew her - and she was a small dark-skinned woman with lively eyes and strong hands. I'm not sure -- maybe the dream woman was simply a personification of something I am supposed to look for. Maybe I will dream of it again. I want to dream there again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home