Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Science News articles

and now a few short glimpses at what is going out there in the world, before I put my nose back into these books.

Found at EurkeAlert!
Gases in One Dimension -- Not Your Typical Desk Toy <--great! Chaos theory, how it does attract the imagination...

'Tensegrity' structures -- structures that deform on will... odd but interesting concepts! How would you like to drive over a bridge or go into a building that can fold up like a wallet or adjust its shape to the weather or earth movements? Really great topic.

Venus Express space probe arrives in orbit. Will we get just pictures, or relevant scientific answers?

new steps towards Organic Light-Emitting Devices? wow. to replace flourescent lights? no more flicker to drive me crazy? ;o)

Here is a quiz How Geeky Are You? from Newsweek. I got a 50% -- really, just because you don't use your cell phone to take pictures (I have a rocking digital camera for that.. so sue me!) or play Warcraft, text-message people to boredom, or rely on TiVo to get your entertainment.... doesn't mean you aren't a serious geek. Where are the real questions about what you DO do, or what you know? Anyway.. that is my rant. Newsweek needs to get out of pop culture 'geekery' and back to brain food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home